Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens at glance.
Canon, the well-known camera manufacturer introduced Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens, or in this review, we will call it The Canon EOS Rebel T3i.
This Digital SLR camera still includes its top notch 18.0 MP sensor which was already added in the previous model the Canon EOS Rebel T2i.
For some Canon T2i users, the other feature which this T3i still has from the previous T2i apart of the 18.0 MP censor, the the Digic 4 processor.
This factor will assure that the newer model, Canon EOS Rebel T3i will not disappoint you, it will produce high quality pictures quality, even if they are shot with the low light and high ISO performance.
The 18.0 Megapixel Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (or called CMOS) sensor allows you to snap images with really amazing crystal clear result, because it makes the most of every light gathering efficiency of pixels. It also has huge range of tonal to have a better zoom or image cropping.
Employs the DIGIC 4 processor to keep the Canon EOS Rebel T3i performace level in a lightning speed when you snap pictures, and other continuesly photography operations.
As mentioned in the early paragraph, this Canon EOS Rebel T3i still has good quality of picture even if you capture objects at ISO 6400.
Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens specs
- Brand: Canon, REBEL T3i Kit model
- 18MP Sensor resoluton, using CMOS technology
- Better EOS Full High Definition Movie mode
- Scene Intelligent Automode, Picture Style Auto with the new EOS Scene Detection System
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- 3x Zoom
- F/3.5-5.6 Max Aperture Range
- 18mm Min focal Length
- 55mm Max focal Length
- Zoom lens type
- 14.9 x 22.3mm Sensor Size
- Pop up flash is included
- 3-inches display
- Sensitivity : ISO 12800
- ISO 100-6400
- ISO auto (100-6400)
- JPEG and RAW Image types
- Night scene, Close up, Action, Portrait mode, and landscape exposure control types
- Optical ViewFinder
- Size (Weight x Height): 5.2 x 3.9 inches
- Weight: 20.11 pounds
Should I buy Canon EOS Rebel T3i or T2i?
The decision is actually based on why you need to purchase one of those. Because the difference between the two models are not much.
Apart of including the same features, T3i and T2i both use 18MP Sensor and DIGIC 4 image processor, The new model T3i is more heavy because of the LCD monitor’s rear which can rotate.
One question you should know the answer before deciding which one is for you is, do you need a camera which supports off camera flashes? If the answer is a No, then T3i is not necessary, but if you use it often, then owing the T3i is a benefit.
Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Reviews
- Expensive price
- Heavier than old model, The T2i, D60
- High resolution clear 3-inch vari-angle view LCD
- Canon brand is trustworthy
- It has Scene Intelligent Auto Mode, which can be used to detect any object we want to shoot, either portrait, landscape, and this camera will set the setting options appropriately
- New awesome Creative filters feature such as fish eye effect like in Photoshop
- Nice smooth Video Zoom and Video Snapshot feature, to join many videos into one video with ability to have music in the background, no need any video editing software for a simple result
If you are new to learn photography world especially to DSLR photography, avoid using expensive camera like Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens.
But if you have budget and it is very important to give picture quality as a priority, then this Canon EOS Rebel T3i will provide all you need to get the better picture quality, better mega pixel, as well as better HD Video.