How to upload and then install a downloaded wordpress theme (in .zip format) to your wordpress 3 blog without cpanel and without ftp.
I find this is very the easieast way to upload your wordpress theme file, because we do not need to login to your cPanel and install it from there.
The second advantage is you don’t need to know ftp accounts because we won’t use any FTP softwares. But of course you can upload your theme via FTP too.
In this wordpress 3 tutorial, we will learn how to upload theme in zip file directly in wordpress dashboard.
1. Prepare your theme file which you have downloaded. It has to be in .zip format. In this video, i have the zip theme file on my desktop.
2. Login to your dashboard: yoursitename/wp-admin.
3. Select “Appearance” then “Themes”.
4. Click “Install Theme” tab in the top right of your screen.
5. You will then see search, upload, feature, newest, and recently updated links. Choose “Upload”.
6. It will show, that you can install a theme by browsing a .zip format theme. Click “Browse” and choose your saved theme, then click “Install Now”.
7. It will say: “Theme successfully installed”, now you can preview it, or activate it, selecting “preview” or “activate”.
8. Once your activate your theme, you blog will have the new look because we have successfully uploaded and installed the new theme.
Have fun with the new theme! :)