Toshiba NB505-N508TQ 10.1-Inch Netbook (Turquoise)
Since I saw a tiny 7-inch netbook at my friend’s house and use it, I thought, netbooks are awful, I did not believe I could find a decent netbook.
But after my sister bought one, and tried it, I realized there is a nice netbook.
It was portable, simple and it did what I want. The most interesting is, it is small and simple.
After that day, I wanted the similar simple, but powerful netbook. I did some research online, reading reviews, and got it for $178.00 here!
So I decided to purchase this Toshiba NB505-N508TQ because of its reliable computer manufacturer, Toshiba brand.
Toshiba has a good and solid reputation and I already own a Toshiba laptop.
When I received the package, unboxed it, and saw it, I was happy with my new netbook. It was a nice built netbook, and it has solid quality and built structure.
I am thinking to upgrade another 2GB RAM though, it is really worth it although I have never had performance problems, just thought it would be better with another gigs of RAM.
Toshiba NB505-N508TQ screen quality is very clear, bright and also crisp for its 10.1-inches size.
After I removed the pre-installed software, I upgraded the pre-installed Windows starter to Windows 7 Home Premium, and I got a great result, more speedy performance.
The most part I love from this netbook is its keyboard. It is a smaller keyboard than the regular one, and you might need a while to get used to it, but it is really great and smartly built.
The keys that we don’t use too much are smaller in this netbook, those keys are the “F” keys. And the other standard keys that we regularly use are full-sized, so it fits with the structure of a light weight simple netbook. It is a great netbook for me.
Before I bought this netbook, I knew I could not make it as my only computer, but it is my use when I am travelling or on-the-go.
It surely has slower speed than my other Toshiba laptop, but it has a decent speed that is acceptable for its price, and size.
It definitely has the perfect size of a netbook that I can take along in my small bag, since I need a device to do word processing, spreadsheets, as well as emailing thing and of course, browsing the Internet.
Furthermore, it has amazing battery life, since it use only a very little of the cooling fan, it saves its battery life and its never hot in my experience.
Toshiba NB505-N508TQ Price, Specs, and Features
- 1.66GHz Intel Atom processor N455, 512KB L2 Cache
- 10.1-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite backlit display (at 1024 x 600 px resolution)
- 250GB Serial ATA Hard Disk Drive (at 5400 RPM)
- 1GB DDR2 RAM (at 667MHz, expandable max 2GB)
- Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Starter (32-bit)
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 video processor (250 MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory)
- Toshiba softwares and utilities are included
- Built-in mono speaker
- Black full size keyboard and touchpad
- Built-in webcam, microphone
- Connectivity: 10/100 Ethernet, Wi-Fi Wireless-N
- Memory card reader, SD, SDHC, SDXC, Multi Media Card
- 3x USB 2.0
- Turqoise EasyGrip Finish (the blue one, Toshiba NB505-N508BL)
- Dimension: 10.3 x 7.48 x 1.4 inches
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
Toshiba NB505-N508TQ 10.1-Inch Netbook (Turquoise) Review Summary
This netbook is a great minilaptop with a plenty of storage with its 250GB Hard Disk, and it works brilliantly.
Toshiba NB505-N508TQ is an excellent choice if you look for a portable netbook that can do your computing needs.