New facebook profile sucks — The new design of Facebook.
I don’t know since when the new design of facebook profile is enabled to use for Facebook members. (see facebook tag your friend post).
When i am logged in to my private facebook account this morning, i was so shocked with my profile interface. New facebook profile sucks! big time, really.
They don’t notify or gives us ability to choose to keep the old facebook profile, just changed without my consent.
New facebook profile sucks — The difference, all messed up.
When the new twitter interface was updated, i started to use less Twitter, because i don’t like the new twitter version. (you can make money using twitter)
Same with Facebook, the new design is just terrible, it has big ads space. (related entry:how to add ad blocks 125×125 in wordpress).
Apparantly Mark from Facebook gives wider space for its advertisements.
The difference between the old and the new facebook profiles are:
1. The new interface is more confusing, it has so many stuff on the profile page.
2. In the new interface, the address of your home, address of your office, are all shown in the page, and not in the info’s tab. You have to change the privacy settings to avoid this to happen.
3. Photos are splashed all over the page.
4. The facebook advertising has wider space (the most annoying to me, and the main reason why i say new facebook profile sucks.)
5. The status feature is missing :( , so are the old features.
New facebook profile sucks — how to get the old one back.
If you think that the new facebook profile sucks, you can try this method to get your old facebook profile back. (with your own risk, i have tried it, it worked for me, but i don’t know if it will work for you).
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Go to “Account” tab on the top and select “Account Settings” in the drop down menu.
3. You will see the lists of the settings option in your account. Scroll down in the bottom, you will find, “Deactivate Account” and “deactivate” link button.
4. Click “Deactivate”.
5. Sign in to your account again about 15 minutes later, you will get the old facebook profile back.
The method above can get me back to my old profile, but i am not sure if it will be changed automatically again..
New facebook profile sucks, i wish they never did redesign it :(