Nikon D3000 vs Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera 14.2MP with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
I bought a Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens a couple weeks ago, after sold my old D3000 a few weeks earlier and I am very impressed with this camera’s quality. The very first picture I took, it has very crisp result, even it was at a pretty high ISO.
In comparison with the D3000, this Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera 14.2MP with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens is a step up better. The D3000 image result will start to show a few noises even it was capabale to manage up to ISO 800.
I was always disappointed with Nikon D3000 because I had always poor quality images when I took them in a bit lower light environment. With Nikon D3100, the problem is absolutely resolved, because the result will only show noise at 3200, and still very clear up to 1600.
The Live View feature is amazing, because it allows me to watch the output on a 3″ display monitor, it will adjust itself if we take the images in a weird positions.
The Live View comes quite handy if our camera is actually on a table to take framing shots, though you can also use the viewfinder to take all the images if your prefer.
In this Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera 14.2MP with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens, the grid lines in its viewfinder is not included anymore, which I thought it was ridiculous, because it was helpful. But once you get use to the live view, it will work better. In fact, after I took a frame of my shot in the live view, I then go back to viewfinder and snap the object.
For instance, with the landscape object or image, you can set your Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera on a tripod, see it on the live view, take a frame on the object with grid lines, and you can go back to the viewfinder to take a snap.
One thing I need to say, if you want to have a good video quality, avoid this Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera 14.2MP with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens, it is a camera, so the video quality is not too good. The big file sizes of the video output is just make my memory card full so due to this reason, if you consider to get this camera, the image quality should be the priority, and not the videos. In my opinion, Camera is not made to take a high quality video, but the high quality picture.
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera 14.2MP with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens Specs
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera Specs:
- Nikon brand
- 14.2 MP with DX format CMOS image censor
- 3″ monitor including one touch Live View as well as movie capture feature
- 1080p Full-HD Cinematic video featuring the sound and autofocus full time
- User friendly guide mode together with its intuitive controls as well as helpful onboard
- Transfer the image to SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (sold separately). Recommended SD Card: Transcend 8GB Class 10 SDHC Card
- 3x Optical zoom feature
- Size: 3.8 x 3.0 inches
- Weight: 1.11 pounds
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera 14.2MP with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews
- The wireless remote which was included in D3000 is not added in this Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera
- You can not move the camera’s LCD around, because it stays fixed on the camera
- It does not include something to hold the Lens cap, so you might have a little issue forgetting where you left the camera’s Lens cap
- It does not have SD Card
- It has only two options in the self timer, which is 2s and 10s, so you can’t define the timing on this camera
- 100% fantastic image quality
- Easy to use and manage
- Very light, transportable, more light than D5000
- Ability to edit the images on the camera itself
- Superb battery life, I captured more than 200 images, the battery can be used for a full day
Overall, if you currently have a D3000 with its low light performance issue, and if you are into affordable camera which has high quality pictures result that you might want to grow into, then this is really the one for you. Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera is a must have camera.