How to change, remove the default site description, “Just another wordpress site” or “Just another wordpress blog” of wordpress older version. These texts are usually next to blog’s title in your header.
This tutorial is going to help you if you want to change or even remove default site’s description that displayed next to your blog’s title by hiding it with css code.
I strongly recommend that it should not be deleted.
Site or blog’s description is very important to explain what your blog is about in search engines result page.
So here are the tutorials how to change that site description and hide it from your header.
How to change “Just another wordpress site” (this will apply if you use wordpress.com):
2. Look for Settings and then “General”.
3. Then you will see, General settings page, and tagline. Type in what is your blog about, put some keywords in it.
4. Click “save changes”
The video about this tutorial will take until 37 seconds.
Now if you want to hide that “Just another wordpress site” or your custom site description, get rid of it by following these steps:
1. In the dashboard, go to Appearance and then Editor.
2. Look for style.css
3. Copy the code and paste it in notepad++
4. Go to line 349 and add this code:
5. Paste those codes back in.
6. Click “update files”.