Toshiba L655 — Toshiba Satellite L655-S5158 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
I got this Toshiba L655 a few weeks ago, and I haven’t found a thing that I am not happy with about this laptop.
And I think you will be satisfied too if you own it.
But let me write what I have experienced with this laptop.
On the whole, Toshiba Satellite L655 comes with all features which are advertised.
Toshiba L655 — Toshiba Satellite L655-S5158 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Specs & Price
- Widescreen 15.6-inch LED Backlite HD TruBrite Display
- Intel Core i3-380M dual-core Processor 2.53 GHz (3MB Cache)
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM at 1066MHZ (Up to 8 GB expandable)
- 640 GB SATA HD (at 5400 RPM)
- Intel HD Graphics
- 8x SuperMulti DVD drive
- HDMI, USB 2.0 ports
- Wireless Connectivity, Wi-Fi, Wireless-N
- Intregated Stereo speakers
- Up to 4-5 Battery life
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Toshiba softwares
- Size: 14.96 x 9.84 x 1.49 inches
- Weight: 5.48 pounds
Toshiba L655 Review | Toshiba Satellite L655-S5158 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Review
Toshiba L655 includes the 10 key keyboard, which is great for me, because I have to type in loads of numbers key.
But it might be an issue for you, since it is a little bit different than the full size standard keyboard, you might need a while until you will get used to it.
Another small limitation, this Toshiba L655 is performing quite loud in a quite environment, if you have a more expensive laptop, you will notice the difference in the loudness.
Toshiba L655 comes with pre-loaded softwares, and I did not remove them, since they are useful, to mention three of the most useful ones, it has Toshiba ReelTime (feature to speed up files searching), PC Health monitor, and Toshiba eco Utility. (I save about 10 watts of power of normal laptop use).
This laptop will automatically dim your screen when you set the eco utility on.
What I don’t like:
1. The memory card slot will not take XD cards, because it will only accept SD adapters or cards.
2. It only supports USB 2.0 so it really needs time whenever I transferred some files to my external hard drive with it.
3. It has glossy black finish, so it gets dirty from finger print easily, you will definitely need a casing if it will bother you.
About battery life, this Toshiba L655 can be used about 4-5 hours without cord. So its battery life is great enough.
I was also looking at the other laptops with the same price range ($400) but this Toshiba L655 has bigger memory as well as Hard Drive (150GB more).
This Toshiba L655 runs at 2.53 GHz Intel Core i3-380M dual-core processor, therefore it has decent speed to perform things that need to get done, but of course for games that require high power, this laptop’s speed is marginal.
Toshiba Satellite L655-S5158 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) comes with better quality of speakers than my older laptops.
Toshiba L655 Review Summary
To summarize this, if you are considering on purchasing a 15-inch laptop that you will use to transfer files alot in a good speed then it is not your thing, I recommend to get a laptop with USB 3.0 like Samsung RF510-S01 15.6-Inch HD LED Laptop for example.
But if you look for around $400 price range to do email works, spreedsheats, excels, words, MS Office works, then this Toshiba L655 is a good buy.