Things get horrible when you need a file and suddenly shows winrar file corrupt error.
Winrar is a really great software if you want to move file which is too big from one computer to others, or to external harddrive. (see my post about split files with winrar).
This happened to me a few days ago, after i want to extract some files which i saved in .rar format long time ago from my external harddrive.
Actually before this winrar file corrupt message displayed, it needed a few minutes to be extracted and the first minutes were alright. Because the file was too big, it was really frustating, because i expect the moving went well.
Winrar file corrupt message is mostly caused by one file or two, not your whole files.
Usually when we save our big files in .rar archive formats, it is then splitted to some files, like 01.rar, 02.rar etc.
In my experience a few days ago, i want to extract my video tutorial collections, and somehow one of the files was corrupt. My files were until 78.rar.
So when this winrar file corrupt error notification pops up, you should see which file it was, in my case, was my 39.rar file.
But if you did not catch which file, don’t worry, read further.
How to repair winrar file corrupt error that you may have.
1. First, open your winrar application.
I use Windows Vista, here is the screenshot:
2. Once it is opened, browse to the file location, by clicking the pull down menu button in top right of your screen.
3. Browse the file. After you find it, and select it (highlighted), click “repair” button on the top.
4. A “repairing file name.rar” pop up window will show up, and choose one of two option by ticking one of the box.
-Treat the corrupt file as RAR
-Treat the corrupt file as ZIP.
I usually don’t change anything there.
5. Hit “OK” button when you’re ready to repair your file.
The result will be named, rebuild.filename.rar.
If everything runs well, you should be able to get rid of the winrar file corrupt error.