How to add breadcrumbs code to Twenty Ten, WordPress 3.0.1 Theme without plugins.
Almost similar to adding code to Thesis theme, if you use other themes, in this tutorial i use Twenty Ten, then we will have to insert the code in functions.php.
I strongly recommend you backup the file, can be done by copying the code to notepad, and save it in your desktop. Because functions.php file is sensitive.
If you choose to have a plugin to add breadcrumbs in your blog, see more on this breadcrumb wordpress plugin post.
I rather adding some codes manually than installing plugin, but plugin can make our world easier :)
1. Dashboard -> Appearance -> Editor -> functions.php
Be sure you are editing TwentyTen, or any theme you use currently. Click functions.php.
2. Go to this site (http://dimox.net/wordpress-breadcrumbs-without-a-plugin/), and copy all the code, paste in right in the bottom of functions.php, you can give comment like
3. Next find, single.php file, and click it.
4.Go to dimox.net again, and copy this code:
<?php if (function_exists('dimox_breadcrumbs')) dimox_breadcrumbs(); ?>
5. Paste it before the lines:
6. Update file. The css or the small customisation, find more in breadcrumbs Thesis tutorial.